jeudi 17 décembre 2009

You don't want me to come in tomorrow, you say? Oh, ok then, if you insist...




Welcome to the world of an assistant - come the end of term, no-one wants you!
The kids are tired, the teachers are tired, I'm tired, and all people can think about is 5pm tomorrow evening when they don't have to see each other again for at least 2 weeks.

This week I had no school in La Rochelle because I did double-hours last week, I was taken home from Courcon at 1pm today instead of 5pm, and got a text from my responsable in Surgeres saying that I needn't bother going in tomorrow - WIN!


Saying that, my suitcase is packed, i've raided iPlayer for all good shows and my house is currently having severe and frequent power cuts due to my French dad messing around with the electrics. I've read all the books I have here and I'm not even going near my Special Study until after the holidays.


So... I'm tempted to recap this term... but I think I've blogged most of what has happened. It's definitely been interesting. Horrible in parts but people and places have redeemed the crappiness that ocurred in the first month or so. I've had some awesome experiences and already feel like it's going to be difficult to tear myself away from my little house and my little French family. But i've got the next 4 months to worry about that :)

I'm off home on Saturday; I'm hoping and praying that the journey to Bordeaux airport will be hassle-free and that the snow doesn't hinder our journey - also getting worried about BA strikes... gahhhhh... but i'm trying to be positive and get in the Christmas spirit, even though all I want to do is go home right now! I'm loking forward to getting home to my family and my boyfriend (after a term if 7 weeks it gets DIFFICULT!), 'real' food (although I'm positive my French family would disagree with that!), my bed, my cat and the fact that it's CHRISTMAS :D


It's also amusing, in a small way, that there are a lot less 'Merry Christmas' signs and a lot more 'Happy Holidays'... and the French refuse to acknowledge America's influence... as one of my classes always reminds me "C'est un état LAIQUE!!!" :D


Bref, Joyeux Noel a tous!!! Joyeuses fetes and all that jazz :)

1 commentaires:

Amir a dit…

Bonjour.
je suis iranien et je suis en train de apprendre le francais(depuis 6 mois...je suis amateur)j'ai lu votre blog et ca m'intresse bien.est-ce que vous connaissez quelque blog comme votre blog mais en francais?
merci beaucoup!
P.S: je parle en anglais mieux...mais je veux s'entrainer!

Enregistrer un commentaire